Congratulations Scrooge Jodi Schlichting – This year’s Grand Marshall
Together, our 4 candidates raised nearly $2,200 for the Cherokee Food Pantries
Congratulations to the winners of the Lighted Christmas Parade
1st Place – Cherokee State Bank
2nd Place – DuPont Pioneer
3rd Place – Beck Engineering
12 Days of Christmas Holiday Raffle – A limited number of tickets remain
- The Chamber of Commerce is selling Holiday Raffle Tickets for $5 per chance – only 1,000 tickets will be sold.
- Winners will be drawn daily from December 6-21 (weekdays)
- 11 winners will receive $100 in Cherokee Chamber Bucks.
- 1 Grand Prize Winner will be drawn on Friday, December 21 and will receive $1,000 in Cherokee Chamber Bucks.
- Tickets are available through any Chamber Board Member or at the Book Vine, Jane’s Sanford Lane Salon, or the Cherokee Chamber of Commerce.
- Proceeds will be used to fund the Main Street flower baskets and maintenance to our Christmas decorations.
Cherokee Chamber Bucks
Give Cherokee Chamber Bucks for Christmas this year. Chamber Bucks make a great alternative to cash, checks of gift certificates because they are guaranteed to be used in Cherokee to support our local economy. Contact the Chamber at 225-6414, e-mail us your order, or stop by the office at 201 West Main Street in Cherokee to purchase your Chamber Bucks. They are available in $5, $10 and $25 denominations.
Cherokee is your place to be… for a day, a weekend or a lifetime.
Cherokee sits in the beautiful Little Sioux River Valley in Northwest Iowa. We are located at the junction of U.S. Hwy 59 and State Hwy. 3, about 60 miles northeast of Sioux City, IA. The Little Sioux River winds through town and provides an excellent recreational source for fishing and canoeing as well as a backdrop to a beautiful park system.
Our Historic Downtown was built in the 1870’s and features many unique shopping opportunities. Cherokee’s Main Street was designated as a Cultural District by the State of Iowa in 2004. Live music and entertainment can be heard throughout the year, but especially during the annual Jazz & Blues Festival.
Cherokee is home to the Cherokee PRCA Rodeo, Sanford Museum and Planetarium, Cherokee County Fair, Depot Renovation and Cherokee Symphony.
The Cherokee Chamber of Commerce strives to make Cherokee a positive place to live, visit and do business. Whether you are looking for something entertaining to do this weekend, or a new community to call home, a good place to shop or a place to open a new business, the Cherokee Chamber can help.